Can AutoSPInstaller be used to install "simple" Sharepoint 2010 Trial configuration?

Topics: General Questions
Jun 22, 2015 at 12:58 AM

I am trying to standup just the simplest Sharepoint instances using Sharepoint 2010 Trial for a proof of concept. I need to standaup several instances so I'd like to do silent/unattended installations if possible. My impression is tht the Sharepoint 2010 Trial comes with SQL Server Express, and that it's possible to standup a small Sharepoint installation with just the SQL Server Express.

Is this something that AutoSPInstaller can do? Can anyone point me to maybe a howto for that?

Jun 22, 2015 at 7:38 PM
If you mean, can you use AutoSPInstaller to spinoff a "standalone" instance of SharePoint. Then the answer is "No".

However, you could use AutoSPInstaller to build a single-server Farm.

Whether SharePoint 2010 is a trial or properly licensed, that does not make a difference to AutoSPInstaller as long as you have a PID Key.
Jun 22, 2015 at 7:53 PM
Correct, AutoSPInstaller doesn't support any installations that require SQL Express. It assumes SQL server is already installed somewhere and the instance name/address is merely referred to in the input XML.