Posts not being replied to

Topics: Feedback
Jun 15, 2015 at 1:03 PM
Edited Jun 15, 2015 at 1:03 PM
I have posted a couple of questions under the Support section. I get a response (actually another question) with in 24 hours, respond to that question, then nothing else ever gets posted.

It is really frustrating when you try a tool that appears to do what you want it to do, but run into issues, that no one will respond and help you fix.

I know that you are busy with making the tool better, but users trying it cannot wait weeks for a response if there is a response at all.
Jun 15, 2015 at 5:23 PM
Hi bfry24,

which ones of your posts got unanswered? We try our best to answer issues related to "AutoSPInstaller". We do not support AutoSPInstaller GUI, AutoSPInstaller Online or Generic SharePoint issues.

Let me know which one of your posts have not received an answer yet.

Also I am afraid that support here are best effort, there is no SLA and in some circumstances posts may go unanswered.
Jun 15, 2015 at 5:29 PM
Further to what Joseph said, it's also really frustrating (although thankfully quite infrequent) when despite all the hours put into perfecting and tuning a FREE tool such as AutoSPInstaller, some still find it appropriate to demand help.

As you can imagine, we are currently quite busy with the development of AutoSPInstaller Online - hence the delay. But also, you're really bashing the whole community here, because a lot of non-official contributors (like Joseph) take time out of their day to respond to discussion items and issues - which I totally appreciate. The tool would not be what it is without its patient, loyal community contributors.

Jun 15, 2015 at 6:06 PM
Edited Jun 15, 2015 at 6:07 PM
Look Brian, I am not bashing anyone as you put it nor am I DEMANDING Help. In fact I have even found errors with the latest release of AutoSPInstaller Online 3.99, that I have mentioned them on that site and are now corrected. Interesting how quickly I got a response to this though.

My concern is I am asking a question(s) that gets an initial response then nothing. We all appreciate the effort that you guys put into developing a product for all to use. But when users have problems or questions with the product, how can we move forward, when posts go unanswered.

On May 25th, I posted a question that Joseph responded to quickly. He ask for something and I posted right back that same day. Have heard nothing since. This post can be deleted.

On June 9th, I posted a different question that you answered with a question regarding (RemoteInstall). Again, I posted a response to your question, then no reply.

I have a busy schedule just as you do, but when I reply to peoples inquiry on other forums, even if I do not know the answer afterwards, I will tell them. Not just leaving them hanging.

I do not know if others are having the same issues and cannot believe I am the only one with it. I have searched for other issues that came up and found posts here, again unanswered to a resolution or if a new release fix the problem.
Jun 16, 2015 at 1:46 AM
Can you please post links to all your current/outstanding issues/questions, so I can find and address them more quickly?

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:51 PM
Here is the post submitted on 6/9:

This post from someone else seems to be similiar:

As I said, I am not demanding help, I am asking a question and or reporting a problem where with RemoteInstall set to True, AutoSPInstaller stops when the first server is done..
Jun 17, 2015 at 2:24 PM

Its at the bottom of this:

Bill Fry