Initialize-SPResourceSecurity tries to set security on "Office Server" directory which doesn't exist.

Topics: Support
Dec 9, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Hello,

I am using the most recent release of AutoSPInstaller (3.96) to install SharePoint 2013 on a single machine (Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter). During the final successful (except for the error below) run, we noticed the following error message. In that run of the script, the only specification for the I:\ drive was for the Search Index location (the Data Directory was left blank to use the default). In previous runs, the I:\ drive was used for the Data Directory location. Does this information get cached somewhere that would cause it to still be accessed? If not, is this just an artifact from when OWA was included with SharePoint 2010? We do have OWA installed on a different server in the same domain but as far as I can tell, there is no reason the SharePoint server would know about it/need to contact it at this point. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

----------------------snip--------------------------
  • Configuring the SharePoint farm/server...
    • Securing Resources...
      Initialize-SPResourceSecurity : Cannot apply security settings to resource I:\Data\Office Server\ as it does not exist.
      At C:\InstallDownloads\AutoSPInstaller\AutoSPInstaller\SP\AutoSPInstaller\AutoSPInstallerFunctions.ps1:1843 char:9
  • Initialize-SPResourceSecurity
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (Microsoft.Share...esourceSecurity:SPCmdletInitializeSPResourceSecurity) [I
      nitialize-SPResourceSecurity], ArgumentException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell.SPCmdletInitializeSPResourceSecurity
      ----------------------snip--------------------------