Still getting BSOD after "merge-update" to release 106186

Topics: General Questions, Support
Feb 13, 2014 at 4:07 PM
We were using Release 104946 and we learned that the release 106186 (Stable jan 14th release) fixes the BSOD issue when you open the log.

In order to update, after using winmerge to check changes, we simply replaced the older 'Main.ps1' and 'Functions.ps1' with the ones from new release. The other file that was different was the batch but from what I could see the thing different was the use of word PowerShell vs Powershell.

After doing a few installs with this new 'updated' set of files we are still noticing the BSOD issue while opening the log file after install is completed. I'm thinking out loud- ps1 changes may not be fixing the BSOD issue and that the fix might be in the batch file? or elsewhere?

Can someone help me understand what change in the new release (or in which file) is expected to fix the BSOD issue. I'll use this to better understand why we are seeing this error still. I'm thinking it's the way we updated that is causing this problem.

Thanks for your time and input!
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Actually the "fix" was really more of a workaround - avoid automatically opening the RTF log at the end of the script (thus avoiding an automatic BSOD) but it was never intended to resolve the BSOD itself - which is not caused by AutoSPInstaller but seems to be related to a bad font file added at some point by the SharePoint or prerequisite installer itself.

Brian
Marked as answer by brianlala on 2/26/2014 at 11:19 AM
Feb 14, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Understood. Thanks for the clarification Brian.