This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Problems encountered running v3

Jun 11, 2012 at 1:52 PM

I noticed a few small issues with the latest version of the v3 script (31 May 2012 release):

- Creating User Profile Service Application... The spawned window generates a UAC popup.

- When I first ran the script I got the updates outstanding error (I'm afraid I didn't note the exact words).  I fixed this by adding the line below just before the script attempts to join the farm.

Start-Process -FilePath $PCSonfig -ArgumentList "-cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -wait - force" -NoNewWindow -Wait

Not very elegant, as it generates an error, but it does fix the issue.

- Provisioning User Profile Sync Service, please wait... Was a long wait the first time I ran the script, on the second I terminated after pages of dots and well over an hour waiting.

Jun 11, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I just noticed a Audit Failure in my Security Event Log, Event ID 4625 for my sp_service account, logon type 4.  

The sp_service account is only used by SharePoint on this computer, and then only as configured by autospinstaller - I ran the script on a clean server.

Jun 26, 2012 at 7:17 PM

The UAC popup is by design. The script tries to spawn a process as another user (the Farm Account) so you must click 'Yes' to the UAC prompt (or just disable UAC on the server, if you don't want the UAC prompt).