This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Install software from PrerequisiteInstallerFiles folder issue

Feb 15, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Edited Feb 15, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I download AutoSpInstall script. I set <OfflineInstall>True</OfflineInstall>. Also I download all required files and saved them into the PrerequisiteInstallerFiles folder.

But when I run the AutoSpInstall script, there is a window popup listing total 8 pre-request software need to be installed.  How can the AutoSpInstall script automatically pick up those files I already download and saved into the PrerequisiteInstallerFiles folder and install them automatically? Did I miss something. The following is the file folders I have,

d:\SharePoint\      -> this folder has SharePoint installation software



Thanks in advance,



Feb 17, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Saving the prerequisite files into the PrerequisiteInstallerFiles folder means they haven’t been installed. That step only saves the downloading time from the internet during the installation.

Once you run the AutoSPInstaller the prerequisite will need to be installed, so I believe that is the window your seeing.

Mar 8, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I am also getting the same error. My folder structure is same as pxw. Can somebody help please!

Mar 9, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Salvete!  I had tried to install SharePoint through M$'s GUI before I found AutoSPInstaller.   In my original attempt to install SharePoint, I found I was missing several service accounts, MySites was not set, and other things I didn't know what.  So I removed my farm, cleaned up the old databases, and even uninstalled SharePoint Server.

So I downloaded all the prerequisites.  The Prerequisite script kept bogging down, so downloaded everything manually using the permalink addresses in the script file, and I put all the prerequisites in the right folder.

Now, when it came time to run AutoSPInstaller, it kept crashing until I commented out this line:

#Start-Process "$SPbits\PrerequisiteInstallerFiles\sqlncli.msi" -Wait -ArgumentList "/passive /norestart IACCEPTSQLNCLILICENSETERMS=YES"

Apparently, the previous run of the SharePoint Prerequisite installer had already installed it.  AutoSPInstaller was not able to detect this, and also could not recover from the failure to install this file.

However, I have not had to make any more amendations to the script - it is running very well.