I am having the same issue of "no existing farm found" issue. I had used AutoSPInstaller to build an APP server (w/ most of services and CA, but w/o web apps) just fine. In SQL, I see all the DBs were created fine. CA page looks
good and I see APP and SQL boxes in the server list.
Now, when I try using the script (a bit different from what I used for APP) for WFE, it basically bombs trying to create ConfigDB again as it failed to detect the existing farm.
It seems like it was brought up some of discussions and issues. Brain, you mentioned suspecting securtity setting issue unable to see ConfigDB. The script I am using for this WFE has identical credentials I used for successful APP server build.
I tried to give a god-power to install account in SQL box, still no luck...
(this script is brillient, btw)
- Checking farm membership for SPFARMWFE1 in "SPFarm_ConfigDB"...
- Attempting to join farm on "SPFarm_ConfigDB"...
- No existing farm found.
- Creating config database "SPFarm_ConfigDB"...
New-SPConfigurationDatabase : SPFarm_ConfigDB on SQL2k8r2 contains user-defined
schema. Databases must be empty before they can be used. Delete all of the t
ables, stored procedures and other objects or use a different database.