Run "SharePoint 2010 Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard" automatically

Sep 8, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Hi!

Is there any possibility to run the "SharePoint 2010 Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard" automatically?

I tried to put some commands in AutoSPInstallerFunctionsCustom.ps1, but don't know which commands the Wizard executes...

For example I tried

Start-Process -FilePath $PSConfig -ArgumentList "-cmd installfeatures" -NoNewWindow -Wait 

but as I said before, I don't know the commands and not the order of the commands.

Has anyone managed it to run the Wizard via commands?

Coordinator
Sep 9, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Why do you want to run the wizard (again)? It already performs the appropriate configuration using the Powershell cmdlets.

Brian

Sep 9, 2011 at 2:36 PM
Edited Sep 14, 2011 at 1:08 PM

I want to install Project Server 2010 and after that i have to re-run it, i thougt?

EDIT:

I finally got it:

# Run SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard (command line) Write-Host -ForegroundColor White " - Running SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard ..."

Start-Process -FilePath $PSConfig -ArgumentList "-cmd helpcollections -installall" -NoNewWindow -Wait
Start-Process -FilePath $PSConfig -ArgumentList "-cmd secureresources" -NoNewWindow -Wait
Start-Process -FilePath $PSConfig -ArgumentList "-cmd services -install" -NoNewWindow -Wait
Start-Process -FilePath $PSConfig -ArgumentList "-cmd installfeatures" -NoNewWindow -Wait
Start-Process -FilePath $PSConfig -ArgumentList "-cmd adminvs -provision -port 11888 -windowsauthprovider onlyusentlm" -NoNewWindow -Wait
Start-Process -FilePath $PSConfig -ArgumentList "-cmd applicationcontent -install" -NoNewWindow -Wait