Controlling Search Database Names

Jan 17, 2011 at 7:53 PM

First let me say, excellent script! And THANKS for all your hard work. It is saving the rest of us a lot of time, and is much appreciated.

Now to my point, everything goes as expected. Afterwards I am inspecting the databases on the database server and notice that it creates the ($DBPrefix+$appConfig.DatabaseName) and then appends _CrawlStore & _PropertyStore to the end of these databases. I understand the purpose of these databases, I just did not see in the script where you are generating these databases. They use _ which does not conform to our database naming convention.

Just wondering...

Coordinator
Jan 19, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Yes the _ is kind of arbitrary, just a separator I chose. It's specified for all databases except Search on around line 38:

If (($DBPrefix -ne "") -and ($DBPrefix -ne $null)) {$DBPrefix = $DBPrefix+"_"} ## If the prefix isn't blank, append an underscore as separator. You can replace with a different character (as long as it's valid in a DB name).

For Search, the underscore is added around lines 1503 and 1528, respectively for crawl and propertystore DBs.

I am copying this to a work item to allow changing the separator character from underscore to whatever you like in the future...

Brian

Coordinator
Jan 19, 2011 at 2:45 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.