issues when changing service accounts

Dec 11, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Hi all,

I used autospintaller to install sharepoint on 3 farms of 3 SharePoint Servers. I run some issue regarding service accounts.

In fact, most of the service accounts have been created using the account used to as farm account such as:

• SharePoint 2010 Tracing
  • SharePoint 2010 Timer

When I change the tracing service account using the web interface, I notice that the log are empty. I corrected that putting the account in the local administrators security group.
(same than: http://sharepointlearningcurve.blogspot.com/2010/04/sp-2010-empty-logs-versus-least.html)

Regarding the second time, I don't how to change it using the web central admin and without going to services management mmc console

Did you solve this kind of problem?

Pierre

Developer
Jan 4, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Pierre,

There was an issue introduced where I was a little over zealous with trying to rid the central admin of warnings.  Unfortunately the warnings were wrong and the build was correct.  Issues with the services listed were part of that issue.

If you download the latest release version  (or if looking to test out the recent refactor, the as yet unreleased v2 code) this should be fixed.