SuperUserAcc & SuperReaderAcc

Nov 5, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Can you expain what yo are using SuperUserAcc and SuperReadAcc for? I see them in the SetInputs but you so not have any use in the script yet.

Nov 5, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Yes, they are now actually in the latest script - for some reason the code that uses them didn't make it into the previous changeset, but should be there now both in latest changeset as well as the .zip download).

Nov 5, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Thanks Brian,

Can yu give a quick overview of wha they are used for?

Nov 10, 2010 at 2:40 AM

Hi Rick, this Technet article gives a pretty good overview of what the Super User and Super Reader accounts are:

Oct 3, 2012 at 1:24 PM

As I understand it, the SuperUser and SuperReader accounts are configured per web application. In the script I see only one set of accounts used. What if I whant different account for each webapplication?

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Hi Paul,

The same accounts can and will be used for all of the Web Applications. There is no reason to specify separate accounts per Web Application.

Oct 7, 2012 at 1:37 PM

That's correct; these are not "service accounts" in the classic sense so there'd be no benefit as far as I can see to use different super user and super reader accounts for different web apps.