Data Protection Manager 2010

Jun 17, 2010 at 7:02 PM
Edited Jun 17, 2010 at 7:03 PM

If you're going to use this 'AutoSPInstaller' script with Data Protection Manager 2010, you may see the following when trying to protect SharePoint 2010:

One or more prerequisites for protecting this data source are missing.
Ensure that the following prerequisites software is installed on, the
front-end web servers and all of the back-end computers running SQL Server (including all
cluster nodes and mirror partner nodes):

All Front-end Web servers:
Windows Server 2008 x64

All Back-end computers running SQL Server:
Windows Server 2003 Sp1 with Knowledge Base article 940349
- OR -
Windows Server 2008

All Front-end Web Servers:
SharePoint Foundation Server 2010
- OR -
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2010

Back-end computers running SQL Server:
SQL Server 2000 SP4
- OR -
SQL Server 2005 SP1
- OR -
SQL Server 2008

Servers hosting a mirrored instance of SQL Server:
SQL Server 2005 SP1
- OR -
SQL Server 2008

To obtain the required updates, go to
ID: 31312

Check for the Version REG_SZ (String) key in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\14.0. If it's missing, create it and set the version to the appropriate version you are running. In this instance, mine was:

Jun 22, 2010 at 11:32 AM

To be clear, do you mean that, when using the script, the Version key somehow isn't created (but is created fine when doing a manual install)? If so then this might indicate something missing in the scripts' farm creation steps...

Jul 1, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Correct. The Version key was not being created but was fine when doing a manual install. Attempting to re-create the issue a few more times. I just ran through it again (but installing Office Web Applications after the fact), and the Version key was created.

Jul 19, 2010 at 12:56 AM

It looks like this has been confirmed elsewhere: (unless this is your post too). Looks like an issue with command-line installs in general then. I may add something to the script that just manually creates the missing key/value until we or Microsoft figure out what's going on with shell vs. GUI installs.