Missing reuirements list

Apr 23, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Hi, great with automated script but this is my first time doing this and finding it difficult to understand what I need to do before I can run the script.

I really missing a requirements list for software that should be installed, what versions etc. Which accounts must be setup up and what privleges these accounts should have.

Apr 30, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Hi, unfortunately getting into those fundamental details is really outside the scope of this project. I'd recommend you start with Microsoft's technical documentation, for example:

Hope this helps,

Apr 30, 2010 at 2:54 PM
Hi,I did mean for a SharePoint in general. I meant for this specific script. What accounts does this script expect and what rights each of those accounts should have. Basically a more detailed information of what I need to do before I run the script to make sure that the script will run successfully. Like you said in one of the other discussions that one should log on the server with the same account as what specified under FarmAcct. Hope this was clearer.
May 6, 2010 at 3:20 AM

While the documentation (or lack thereof) is I agree a little spotty at the moment, I tried to make the script somewhat self-explanatory with error messages and guidance etc. I do plan on creating some form of documentation for required inputs, accounts etc. but at the moment my focus is to make the script more robust, address technical issues, and evaluate & implement feature requests. Thanks for your feedback though (and watch for that documentation hopefully soon!)