Support for SP Foundation

Mar 23, 2010 at 8:25 AM

Wondering if someone tried with Foundation? Any recommendations...

Coordinator
Apr 1, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Hi and sorry for the delay in responding... Foundation is so much simpler to install/configure (as it is in WSS 3.0) than the full blown version that I didn't really consider it a candidate for a scripted install. Having said that, it should be pretty straightforward to go through the script and 'trim out' any unneeded services & functionality. Perhaps I'll look into this at a later date, but until then feel free to have a try...!

Cheers

Brian

Jan 11, 2011 at 9:41 PM
Edited Jan 11, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Hi Brian,

I will second that.  I keep creating custom scripts for foundation and none of them are the same.  I would love to have a base install / configuration for each of them.

Jan 14, 2011 at 9:01 PM
Edited Jan 14, 2011 at 9:01 PM

We have been using the current version trimmed back with Foundation, and it seems to work fine. Took a little while to find all the parts to turn off though :)

Iain

Jan 19, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Hi Iain,

I have tried it a few times and everytime there is an update I have to redo my script.  It would just be nice to have a switch to avoid anything that is not a foundation action.

Jan 23, 2011 at 2:47 PM

"We have been using the current version trimmed back with Foundation, and it seems to work fine. Took a little while to find all the parts to turn off though :)"

--Iain

Iain, I'm new to the SharePoint world and have just started working with it.  Can you supply any pointers on what I need to do to trim back the installer for use with Foundation?  And when you say "using the current version" are you referring to the original autospinstaller or the new v2 beta?

I agree with rtonerii...it would be nice to have a switch that only performs foundation actions. I don't mind doing a bit of work if someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!