Discussions under Feature Requests

I have been swamped trying to keep up with Discussion List items lately! Thanks to several members of the community who have stepped in recently to reply to posts and provide input.

Please search through the existing discussion items before posting in case someone has already posted/discussed/resolved. In addition, check the FAQ for answers to common questions.

New: Don't forget to "Mark as Answer" if someone addresses your question to your satisfaction!

If you are reporting on a specific issue in AutoSPInstaller, please use the Issue Tracker instead so it can be properly tracked.

Note: If you happen to be using AutoSPInstallerGUI, please verify that your issue or question still pertains to manually-edited & verified XML. Alternately, you can try the new AutoSPInstaller Online which effectively replaces AutoSPInstallerGUI. -Brian

Add beta support to use "SharePointDsc" with autospinstaller.com

first post: paololecchi wrote: I think that can be a great idea to use "SharePointDsc" (https://gi...

latest post: brianlala wrote: Actually as I see it, SharePointDSC will eventually replace AutoSPI...

AutoSPInstaller does not support non english installations.

first post: tolppa wrote: I realized that autospinstaller does not support non english instal...

Add Users or Groups to Farm Administrators group within Central Admin.

first post: BarryIT99 wrote: I would find it helpful if the script would automatically add users...

latest post: tallman543 wrote: I like this one. Generally, I'll have a Windows Group such as Share...

Multi-tenant config

first post: jlc699 wrote: Hi! I am trying to leverage the AutoSPInstaller to do a multi-tenan...

latest post: josephsaad wrote: I know first hand that the AutoSPInstaller Code is not Multi-Tenant...

Consider github as a potential repo

first post: avishnyakov wrote: Well, it's just that github has become a default repo even for MS f...

latest post: brianlala wrote: I've thought about this too but again I would rather focus my effor...

Add integration with Chocolatey Gallery

first post: avishnyakov wrote: It would be great if AutoSPInstaller had integration with Chocolate...

latest post: brianlala wrote: I thought about this, but really AutoSPInstaller is in "maintenance...

Service Application Environment Prefix

first post: SpRambler wrote: would be nice to visually differentiate between environments and se...

Failure during rerun due to site collections already existing

first post: brianpmccullough wrote: I created config and ran scripts from https://autospinstaller.com/....

latest post: brianpmccullough wrote: added a fix for the trailing slash in the site colleciton urls: htt...

Central Admin URL fix on second or third server

first post: SpRambler wrote: When you choose to create central admin on second server CA url on ...

Internet Explorer: DisableFirstRunCustomize

first post: SpRambler wrote: http://www.geoffchappell.com/notes/windows/ie/firstrun.htm The ...