Discussions under General Questions

I have been swamped trying to keep up with Discussion List items lately! Thanks to several members of the community who have stepped in recently to reply to posts and provide input.

Please search through the existing discussion items before posting in case someone has already posted/discussed/resolved. In addition, check the FAQ for answers to common questions.

New: Don't forget to "Mark as Answer" if someone addresses your question to your satisfaction!

If you are reporting on a specific issue in AutoSPInstaller, please use the Issue Tracker instead so it can be properly tracked.

Note: If you happen to be using AutoSPInstallerGUI, please verify that your issue or question still pertains to manually-edited & verified XML. Alternately, you can try the new AutoSPInstaller Online which effectively replaces AutoSPInstallerGUI. -Brian

Is there "FULL" compatibility with SP2016?

first post: afedericojr wrote: I see a few posts about issues with SP2016, some recommendations on...

Add a new wfe to an existing farm

first post: VictorCea wrote: Hi all, I want to add a new wfe to an existing farm but I'm not s...

How to perform a repair on a Sharepint install that used autospinstaller

first post: UUCCU wrote: Hi Is there a specific set of steps required to perform a repair ...

latest post: UUCCU wrote: OK, Many thanks for the reply.

What is the 'experimental' Foundation 2013 support??

first post: tlyczko wrote: I found something somewhere on this site mentioning 'experimental' ...

latest post: rw5207 wrote: I agree with the previous post. My attempted Foundation installati...

SP2016 and ServerRoleOptional

first post: tolppa wrote: How do I use ServerRoleOptional parameter with spautoinstaller? Doe...

Donation?

first post: andrewbeno wrote: AutoSPInstaller has helped me and my team so much that I'm asking m...

latest post: brianlala wrote: Got it, thanks Andy - truly and honestly appreciated on my end as w...

answered by: josephsaad wrote: That button needs to move up a little bit :-)

Multi-tenant config

first post: jlc699 wrote: Hi! I am trying to leverage the AutoSPInstaller to do a multi-tenan...

latest post: josephsaad wrote: I know first hand that the AutoSPInstaller Code is not Multi-Tenant...

Running AutoSPInstaller within remote PS session

first post: avishnyakov wrote: Can AutoSPInstaller be run under remote PS session? Say, there is...

latest post: avishnyakov wrote: Can be closed. Incorrect CredSSP config for WinRm at my side gave...

answered by: avishnyakov wrote: Can be closed. Incorrect CredSSP config for WinRm at my side gave...

How to bypass "proceed if you know that #SharePoint is already installed, or Ctrl-C to exit" "y" message?

first post: avishnyakov wrote: We created a few VMs out of Azure templates with pre-installed SP20...

latest post: avishnyakov wrote: Sure, make sense. Thanks for the input, brianlala. Can be closed.

How to run / install as different user

first post: BarryIT99 wrote: We are using a security system that does not allow us to login on t...

latest post: brianlala wrote: I believe that will work, but make sure you use full paths. Otherwi...