What is the 'experimental' Foundation 2013 support??

Topics: General Questions, Support
Aug 11, 2015 at 5:41 PM
I found something somewhere on this site mentioning 'experimental' support for Foundation 2013 version 3.98.

Would someone please explain this?? What or where is it??
Does this consist of testing if the install is Foundation and then not running non-applicable code??

Thank you, Tom
Coordinator
Aug 11, 2015 at 8:20 PM
No it simply means support for installing SharePoint Foundation (vs Server).

Brian
Aug 11, 2015 at 8:26 PM
I asked my question b/c everything I read on this site, people had to comment out or rewrite code to make AutoSPInstaller work with SP Foundation, and I want to know if AutoSPInstaller does similar things.

Is it possible to summarize how AutoSPInstaller handles SP Foundation??

I'm trying to learn how this app works differently for Foundation vs. Server, since I anticipate having to make a standalone Foundation server before long.

Thank you, Tom
Oct 6, 2015 at 1:36 AM
Great question - I'm wondering the exact same thing.

Not sure why you couldn't get a reasonable answer.

How does one go about using the script to install SharePoint Foundation ?
Jan 19 at 1:44 AM
I just tried for a week to install Foundation 2013 - with disastrous results.
I'll post the changes to the files later.
Shortly, what I found was that not all Services would be installed, and would vary between runs.
The port of the CA is not set correctly from the config files.
The script looks for a key even with Foundation, so that has to be changed in the script as well.
I later gave up - ran it to where I had most of the stuff installed, and just worked from there.
Probably because of the lower incidence of Foundation users?
May 23 at 8:34 PM
I agree with the previous post. My attempted Foundation installation ended up with me running several manual scripts to finish the installation. I install Foundation fairly regularly since we have other s/w that uses it. Not sure if AutoSPIntaller makes it much better...yet. Might try it again, though.