Section of Code to remove DB Guids?

Topics: Feature Requests, General Questions, Support
Jun 11, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Given that this installer must have taken so much time to make, I take off my hat to you, its very well done.

If in the even that I have already installed the binaries on the App as well as the WFE servers, SP Accts created, etc and I'd like to stay away from the GUIDs on the database once the configuration wizards is run, would you be so kind as to provide a section that just takes care of steps from the configuration wizard point of view?

Jun 18, 2015 at 2:34 AM
The DB GUIDs aren't actually removed, they're just not allowed to be created in the first place (by specifying the database name we want). From what you've described it sounds like you could safely run the entire script; it will skip the binary installation and just proceed with the PowerShell-based creation of the farm and all DBs etc.

Marked as answer by shilezi on 6/19/2015 at 11:39 AM
Jun 19, 2015 at 2:45 PM
Edited Jun 19, 2015 at 6:38 PM
THanks Brian,

I actually meant to ask what sections to exclude the GUIDs when creating the DBs and not remove them after the fact.
I keep getting stuck here when I run the installer though
  • New-SPConfigurationDatabase -DatabaseName "$configDB" -DatabaseServe ...
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (Microsoft.Share...urationDatabase:SPCmdletNewSPConfigurationDatabase) [New
      -SPConfigurationDatabase], Win32Exception
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell.SPCmdletNewSPConfigurationDatabase

• Script halted!
  • Error creating new farm configuration database
    Press any key to exit...
Any ideas?
Jun 19, 2015 at 3:01 PM
Edited Jun 19, 2015 at 3:42 PM
The reason seems to be this.
Login failed for user 'Contoso\SP_Farm'. Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database 'SP2013_Config'. [CLIENT:]

Which would mean the autospinstaller is trying to access a db it hasnt created yet. Do I have to configuration wizard first?

Please excuse my ignorance, im no expert at SP2013 yet

Modifying and running this script from Here
Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell
$FarmCredential = Get-Credential -credential mikefrobbins\spExtranetFarm
$Passphrase = Read-Host -assecurestring "SP PassPhrase"
$DbName = "SP_Extranet_Config"
$DbServer = ""
$AdminContentDb = "SP_Extranet_AdminContent"
New-SPConfigurationDatabase -DatabaseName $DbName -DatabaseServer $DbServer -AdministrationContentDatabaseName $AdminContentDb -FarmCredentials $FarmCredential -Passphrase $Passphrase
Install-SPHelpCollection -All
Install-SPFeature -AllExistingFeatures
New-SPCentralAdministration -Port 55000 -WindowsAuthProvider "NTLM"
``` and then returning to my custom autoSPinstall fixed made it all go smooth.

Thanks for your input Brian
Marked as answer by shilezi on 6/19/2015 at 11:39 AM