Remote installation of SharePoint 2013 on Server 2012

Topics: General Questions
Mar 24, 2015 at 9:27 AM
Whats the easiest way to do a remote multi farm installtion of SP2013 farm on Server 2012 and have the prerequisites installed during the script install? At the moment I install them manually but thats not a quick process when you have a lot of server in a farm to build.

I tried placing placing the prerequisites in the folder like I would when installing on Server 2008 but this did not work with Server 2012 using the 2012 prerequisite files.
Mar 25, 2015 at 1:06 AM

What errors are you seeing when you try to install the Pre-reqs on Server 2012? I have completed multiple SharePoint installations on Server 2012 (all automated). There was an issue with Server 2012, whereby IIS would keep on looping and not actually install, this should now be fixed.

Mar 25, 2015 at 8:45 AM

Thanks for your response, I'm getting the IIS configuration error and followed the steps in the link below but not able to get past that point I keep getting the error.

I'm installing on Windows Server 2012 R2 and did see that there were some issues previously building on this platform, not sure if that has been fully resolved?