Remote Install on Windows 2012 R2

Topics: General Questions, Support
Feb 26, 2015 at 3:53 PM
Edited Feb 26, 2015 at 4:26 PM
I am trying to install SharePoint 2013 SP1 on Windows 2012R2 machines (2 WFE and 1 App). I start the install process from network location (Different machine that is not part of the SharePoint Farm. SharePoint setup account has full access to this location) on the App server. But for some reason, I am unable to get AutoSP installer to install binaries simultaneously (it does not start installation after the configuration of app server either) and configure WFEs (without manual intervention).
Both Remote Install and Parallel Install are set to True. All the Machines in the farm have access to Network location. Installer works perfectly when I try to manually run the installer on each machine. I thought Parallel install will install binaries on each machine simultaneously and configure.
Any help me on what I may be missing will be appreciated
Feb 26, 2015 at 6:44 PM
The problem is in MatchComputerName function. That function return null even though the $computerList argument has multiple computer names.
The reason is the if statement compares the computername (which is current server name) to the computer list with wild card on both ends. It will always return true when you are running from a server that is part of the SharePoint farm.
Commenting out that line in my case would correctly recognize multiple servers. Now it fails stating that WinRM client fails due to the authentication Mechanism requested.

Does AutoSPInstaller Support Win2012R2 at all or not?