AutoSPInstaller + Windows Server 2012R2 + Sharepoint 2010 SP2

Topics: Feature Requests, Support
Jun 9 at 11:55 AM
Hello!

I use AutoSPInstaller to automate installation of SharePoint. My configuration: Windows Server 2012R2 and SharePoint 2010 SP2.
In process of installation next text appears:
- Done creating configuration database for farm.
--------------------------------------------------------------
 - Configuring the SharePoint farm/server...
 - Installing Help Collection...
 - Securing Resources...
 - Installing Services...
 - Installing Features...
 - Creating Central Admin site...
 - Waiting for Central Admin site...Online
 - Installing Application Content...
 - Creating Version registry value (workaround for bug in PS-based install)
 - Getting version number... 14.0.0.7015
Import-Module : The 'C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\WebAdministration\WebAdministration.psd1' module cannot be imported because its manifest contains one or more members that are not valid. The valid manifest members are ('ModuleToProcess', 'NestedModules', 'GUID', 'Author', 'CompanyName', 'Copyright', 'ModuleVersion', 'Description', 'PowerShellVersion', 'PowerShellHostName', 'PowerShellHostVersion', 'CLRVersion', 'DotNetFrameworkVersion', 'ProcessorArchitecture', 'RequiredModules', 'TypesToProcess', 'FormatsToProcess', 'ScriptsToProcess', 'PrivateData', 'RequiredAssemblies', 'ModuleList', 'FileList', 'FunctionsToExport', 'VariablesToExport', 'AliasesToExport', 'CmdletsToExport'). Remove the members that are not valid ('HelpInfoUri'), then try to import the module again.
At C:\distrib\SP\AutoSPInstaller\AutoSPInstallerFunctions.ps1:6322 char:26
+             Import-Module <<<<  WebAdministration
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (C:\Windows\syst...nistration.psd1:String) [Import-Module], InvalidOperationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Modules_InvalidManifestMember,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand

- Script halted!

Exception             : System.Management.Automation.CommandNotFoundException: The term 'Get-Website' is not recognized
                         as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
                           at System.Management.Automation.CommandDiscovery.LookupCommandInfo(String commandName, CommandOrigin commandOrigin)
                           at System.Management.Automation.CommandDiscovery.LookupCommandProcessor(String commandName, CommandOrigin commandOrigin, Nullable`1 useLocalScope)
                           at System.Management.Automation.ExecutionContext.CreateCommand(String command)
                           at System.Management.Automation.CommandNode.CreateCommandProcessor(Int32& index, ExecutionContext context)
                           at System.Management.Automation.CommandNode.AddToPipeline(PipelineProcessor pipeline, ExecutionContext context)
                           at System.Management.Automation.PipelineNode.Execute(Array input, Pipe outputPipe, ArrayList & resultList, ExecutionContext context)
                           at System.Management.Automation.ParseTreeNode.Execute(Array input, Pipe outputPipe, ExecutionContext context)
                           at System.Management.Automation.AssignmentStatementNode.Execute(Array input, Pipe outputPipe, ExecutionContext context)
                           at System.Management.Automation.StatementListNode.ExecuteStatement(ParseTreeNode statement,
                        Array input, Pipe outputPipe, ArrayList& resultList, ExecutionContext context)
TargetObject          : Get-Website
CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Get-Website:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
ErrorDetails          :
InvocationInfo        : System.Management.Automation.InvocationInfo
PipelineIterationInfo : {}
PSMessageDetails      :
Seems powershell version 2 doesn’t support modules of powershell version 3 (import-module WebAdministration).
Do you planning to support this (Windows Sever 2012R2 + SharePoint 2010 SP2) configuration?
Jun 9 at 12:02 PM
Edited Jun 9 at 12:29 PM
That is a known issue and I would not say it is an issue with AutoSPInstaller:
https://autospinstaller.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/108624

After many hours over this topic, I would recommend to avoid using Windows Server 2012 * With SP2010 if you plan to use PowerShell Scripting for the farm build.

I also believe there is a workaround, that I have not tested at, http://techmikael.blogspot.com/2014/02/installing-sharepoint-2010-with.html
Coordinator
Jun 9 at 6:53 PM
That being said, I'm actually very close to having full support for SP2010 (SP2) + Windows Server 2012 R2 in AutoSPInstaller. Stay tuned for the next release...

Brian
Coordinator
Jun 11 at 3:29 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.