Topics: Feature Requests, Feedback, General Questions, Support
Apr 14, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Hi All,

We have set 7 servers for SharePoint 2013, we have bifurcate with:
2 SQL DB Server
1 App/Batch
1 Index/search
1 Crawl

Now we have installed SP 2013 through SPAutoInstaller sucessfully. The client had asked to scale up the server to total 12 servers i.e. additional 5 servers has to be merged with the existing 7 servers. We are bit worried how do we do this things with the help of SPAutoInstaller.
We tried to search al over web but would not find any concrete solution for it.

Did anyone faced this kind of issue/challenges? Can anyone help us in this regards.

__Note: 7 server is up and running we can’t scrap 7 server and start fresh installation with total 12 servers..

Early reply would be really appreciated

Thanks and Regards,

Apr 14, 2014 at 1:55 PM
scale out each tier...

Rick Allford | (832) 794-7613

Apr 14, 2014 at 2:26 PM
You merely need to add your net-new servers in their appropriate locations throughout your AutoSPInstallerInput.xml. For example, to add two servers to form a dedicated Distributed Cache cluster (recommended), you would add:
<DistributedCache Start="NEWDCSERVER1,NEWDCSERVER2" />
And run the script on the new servers. Also, as you re-run the script on all the other servers in the farm, they'll automatically have their Distributed Cache service de-provisioned to complete the creation of a dedicated DC cluster.

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Hey Brian,

Thank you for your Quick Reply on this...
Looks good to me, I will try to work with your suggestion and if at all i stuck somewhere we will need your help..

@rickallford where do you want me to scale up in .xml file?

Thanks & Regards,

Aasif Shaikh
Apr 15, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Whatever the suggestion is, try to test it on a smaller scale first and hopefully not in Production Environment.
Apr 15, 2014 at 3:33 PM
For Sure Josephsaad :)