Project Server 2013 Web App installed but not functional

Topics: Feedback, General Questions, Support
Apr 4, 2014 at 1:01 AM
I used autospinstaller to install Project Server 2013 also. The Project Server Service Application was installed and the Project Web App (PWA) Instance was provisioned (along with the database). However, when I access the PWA instance it doesn't show up as a Project Server site and the PWA Settings menu item doesn't show up in the Site Actions menu. I ran the Set-SPProjectPermissionMode cmdlet to see if that would help as suggested by this link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219486.aspx but that didn't work.

However, I created another PWA Instance using the same Project Server Service Application and ran the Set-SPProjectPermissionMode cmdlet and it works as a PWA instance.

Can you indicate where the issue could be with the PWA instance provisioned by the autospinstaller?

Thanks!!
Oct 29, 2014 at 2:32 AM
I thought I'd see if there was any update on this. It looks like AutoSPInstaller is creating a standard sharepoint site with a site template of PWA. This doesn't actually work as you need a few additional steps

Example
New-SPSite -Url $WebAppURL -OwnerAlias $FarmAdmin -ContentDatabase $PWAContentdb #-Template Leave blank, it will be set later on 
$web=Get-SPWeb $WebAppURL 
$web.Properties["PWA_TAG"]=$PWADbTab 
$web.Properties.Update() 
Enable-SPFeature pwasite -URL $WebAppURL

New-SPweb -URL $PwaWeb -Template pwa#0 
sleep 3 
Upgrade-SPProjectWebInstance -Identity $PwaWeb  #-Confirm:$False
Here is a pretty complete script as an example