Does AutoSpInstaller work with new iso with SP2 included

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Hi,

Has anyone tested AutoSpInstaller with the new iso available on MSDN with SP2 included?

Regards
Danny
Aug 28, 2013 at 7:55 PM
I haven't personally but there should be no issues with this. In fact, perhaps less issues than if you had to include CU's.
Aug 29, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I doesn't work on server 2012.
I have the ISO with SP2 in and the script fails installing the pre-reqs.
I've tried installing them all manually but it still fails there, I can't find away of disabling this check in the config.
Aug 29, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Edited Aug 29, 2013 at 11:44 AM
True. You will have to download and install the prerequisites manually (or without AutoSPInstaller).

The code explicitly mentions the Following:
# Install prerequisites manually without using PrerequisiteInstaller if we're installing SP2010 on on Windows Server 2012
if (((Get-WmiObject Win32_OperatingSystem).Version -like "6.2*") -and ($env:spVer -eq "14"))
       {
                Throw " - SharePoint 2010 is officially unsupported on Windows Server 2012 - see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2724471"
    }
So, I would either (install prereqs manually and modify the Function InstallPrerequisites([xml]$xmlinput)) or wait.

HTH, Joseph.
Aug 30, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Thanks Joseph

I got it working on Server 2012 in the end. Here are the steps if anyone is interested.
  • Commented out the call to InstallPrerequisites and install them manually.
  • Add -Version 2 as an argument to the powershell calls. This was both in the bat file and in the scripts for when it create the UPS.
  • Comment out the lines which check and stop the default web site. Then go and stop and disable the default website manually. There seems to be an issue with using the -Version 2 call and importing the WebAdministration module.
You will see the errors a few times regarding loading this module but everything seems to install fine. I haven't had much chance to test properly yet though
Sep 9, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Edited Sep 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Thank you for your assistance

Following the above instructions, I seem to have been successful with AutoSPInstaller using SharePoint 2010 with SP2 on Server 2012, albeit with some script errors relating to Import-Module function for WebAdministration.psd1

it seems there's no way to get this module import to work using Powershell 2.0
Sep 9, 2013 at 9:16 PM
I suggest that you download version 3.93 released last Thursday of the AutoSPInstaller. There are improvements there to handle SharePoint 2010 SP2.