SharePoint 2013 and April Update

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:25 AM
I see issues or comments have been posted regarding certain updates but the instructions are really not clear on what to do and its hard to tell what is current.

I would like to install SharePoint 2013 and I would like to include both the March and April updates.

I know from practice that is much faster if the first server has all the updates applied BEFORE the SQL server database is actually built/configured. I also noted that all other servers MUST have ALL the updates applied or they can't join the farm because the database structures are different.

So, is it possible to use the auto installer with it including all the updates?, or should I manually install SharePoint with all the updates and then run the installer to actually configure the server?

If I can use the installer and have it auto-install ALL of the updates, can I see a screenshot of the file/folder structure to confirm my setup?

Thanks
Jun 24, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Yes, you can put the update files in the \Updates folder. The script knows to install the March PU first.
Jul 25, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Hi wahidsaleemi, If I put the April or June 2013 CU for SP2013 in the updates folder along with the March 2013 PU, only the PU is installed. Can you verify that the subsequent CU's are picked up by autoinstaller?