Script Halts Registering Managed Account

Jun 21, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Again will state that once I get all the bugs out of my settings this installer is going to save me a huge amount of time. So thank you.

Ran it jus tnow and the script halted at the section where it is Adding Managed Acounts. It gets to the point where it says registering managed account (for one of my managed accounts) and then halts. Below is the whole error. Sorry that it doesn't cut and paste very well. Any thoughts?

Exception:
System.Management.Automation.ParameterBindingValidationException: Cannot bind argument to parameter 'String' because it is an empty string.

at System.Management.Automation.ExceptionHandlingOps.CheckActionPreference(FunctionContext funcContext, Exception exception)

at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.ActionCallInstruction`2.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)

at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)

at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)

TargetObject:

CategoryInfo:
InvalidData: (:) [ConvertTo-SecureString], ParameterBindingValidationException

FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationErrorEmptyStringNotAllowed,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ConvertToSecureStringCommand

ErrorDetails:

InvocationInfo:
System.Management.Automation.InvocationInfo

ScriptStackTrac:
at AddManagedAccounts, C:\Users\TSDemoAdmin01Desktop\SharePointServer2013Installation\AutoSPInstaller\SP\AutoSPInstaller\AutoSPInstallerFunctions.ps1: line 1580
at Setup-Farm, C:\Users\TSDemoAdmin01\Desktop\SharePointServer2013Installation\AutoSPInstaller\SP\AutoSPInstaller\AutoSPInstallerMain.ps1: line 189
at <ScriptBlock>, C:\Users\TSDemoAdmin01Desktop\SharePointServer2013Installation\AutoSPInstaller\SP\AutoSPInstaller\AutoSPInstallerMain.ps1: line 358
at <ScriptBlock>, <No file>: line 1

PipelineIterationInfo : {}

PSMessageDetails :
Jun 21, 2013 at 6:38 PM
one of your managed account passwords is empty.
Jun 21, 2013 at 7:14 PM
I checked. All my accounts have passwords. However, I noticed in the XML file created by the GUI application that the default accounts that are there were left in the file and they didn't have passwords, I wasn't using them but I am wondering if the script was trying to create for those entries. I have removed them and will run again.

I am going to do an uninstall of SharePoint and try to run again and will let you all know the results.
Jun 21, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Did you try remove the original accounts that were there in the GUI?
Jun 21, 2013 at 8:13 PM
You don't have to uninstall (unless you really want to); you can simply re-run the script as many times as it takes.
Jun 23, 2013 at 11:12 PM
I removed the original accounts in the GUI and re-ran. It worked (with an exception in regards to Access Services -- I posted another issue). Great tool! Thanks for the help.