PID Required for Silent of Basic UI Installs

Jun 21, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Hi,

Great set of scripts. I am using this in conjunction with AutoSPInstallerGUI. I have entered in my product key and saved the XML file. I launch AutoSPInstaller and it seems to run fine for installing the prerequisites. However, when it gets to the actual installation of SharePoint itself, I get an error saying that a product key is required when performing a basic or silent install.

Problem is that I have entered in the key into the GUI interface and have confirmed it exists in the XML. Also I did a manual install and have confirmed that my key does work.

Thi sis for SharePoint 2013. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Alan
Jun 21, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Edited Jun 21, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Hey,

Are you using the latest version of AutoSPInstaller and GUI?

Can you post the xml file with the passwords and ckdey obscurified?

Thanks,
Ivan
Jun 21, 2013 at 7:07 PM
I think I figured it out. In my folder there was a config.xml file. I am guessing that is the default one that installs when you unzip the file. I was using my custom XML file by dragging it on top of the AutoSPInstallerLaunch.bat file to start the process. I deleted the config.xml file and it now seems to be working.
Coordinator
Jun 21, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Perfect, that's exactly what I was going to suggest. Perhaps I should change the default name in the XML to something other than config.xml to avoid this in the future.

Brian
Jun 21, 2013 at 9:14 PM
brianlala wrote:
Perfect, that's exactly what I was going to suggest. Perhaps I should change the default name in the XML to something other than config.xml to avoid this in the future.

Brian
Like!