Stops or Halts until I press the Enter key.

May 31, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Hi,

When I run the AutoSPInstaller script it works ok except at certain points I have to press the Enter key to continue. The Farm pause has been disabled, but it still pauses or halts. For example it gets to

Creating config database "AutoSPInstaller_Config"

and stops or halts. If I don't press the Enter key it will stay like that for hours. As soon as I press the Enter key it immediately goes to the next task.

Thanks
Colin
May 31, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Do you have this tag set to true?

PauseAfterInstall>true</PauseAfterInstall>
May 31, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Edited May 31, 2013 at 6:32 PM
No it is set to false
<SKU>Enterprise</SKU>
<OfflineInstall>true</OfflineInstall>
<PauseAfterInstall>false</PauseAfterInstall>
<RemoteInstall Enable="false">
  <ParallelInstall>false</ParallelInstall>
</RemoteInstall>
it stops at certain parts of the installation and you need to press the Enter key to continue.
Jun 3, 2013 at 2:13 AM
I have seen that it takes very long time for the first server run as it creates the farm. I would suggest to give it time.
Jul 2, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I am having this same issue, the PauseAfterInstall is set to false. I am using Windows 2012 and are RDP into the server, I am setting up SP 2013. As far as the very long time I let it sit overnight so we are talking about 12 hours. It was stuck at creating config DB, after we hit enter it resumed. We had a few other times where it seemed to be hung and hitting enter would get it going.

I have used the script before at another client on the same setup (Windows 2012 SP 2013) and did not have this issue.
Coordinator
Jul 2, 2013 at 8:47 PM
This can happen if your PowerShell window options are set to "Quick Edit Mode" and you accidentally drag your mouse across the window somewhere (as if to select text). This will pause everything and won't resume until you press Enter (or another key possibly).

Brian
Jul 2, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Thanks for the tip. The window was set to quick edit mode and due to switching between many RDP windows I probably was clicking inside the window.