AutoSPInstaller : error when creating config database

May 7, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Edited May 8, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Hi,

I got this error while i'm trying to install SP 2013 with AutoSPInstaller (new install):
  • Attempting to join farm on "AutoSPInstaller_Config"...
  • No existing farm found.
  • Creating config database "AutoSPInstaller_Config"...
    New-SPConfigurationDatabase : Failed to call GetTypes on assembly
    Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c. Derived method 'RequiresWebPartClientScript'
    in type 'Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.Controls.WebUI.BrowserFormWebPart'
    from assembly 'Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server, Version=15.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' cannot reduce access.
    At E:\AutoSPInstaller\SP\AutoSPInstaller\AutoSPInstallerFunctions.ps1:1243
    char:13
  • New-SPConfigurationDatabase -DatabaseName "$configDB"
    -DatabaseServe ...
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~
    • CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (Microsoft.Share...urationDatabase:
      SPCmdletNewSPConfigurationDatabase) [New-SPConfigurationDatabase], SPUpgra
      deException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell.SPCmdletNewSPCon
      figurationDatabase

  • Script halted!
  • Error creating new farm configuration database
I've search a lot to get information about this error, but didn't find nothing helpfull. I'm new to SP and SQL Server... Anyone have an idea?
  • the passphrase seem policy compliant
  • the farmadmin and the install user both have access to SQL Server (with server roles)
  • we're using a supported version of SQL Server (2008 R2)
  • a config database is created, but install failed (we have to delete it to rerun the script)
David
Aug 14, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Hi David, I wanted to reply because I was having this exact same issue. I had to install the following cumulative update to get it to work.
sp2013-marchcu-ubersrvsp2013-kb2767999-fullfile-x64-glb
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36989
I hope this helps you and any one else that has run into this error.
Cheers
John
Aug 14, 2013 at 3:24 PM
If you are slip-streaming CU's post March 2013, you must slip-stream the March 2013 CU as well (first):
http://blogs.technet.com/b/mspfe/archive/2013/04/05/sharepoint-2013-march-2013-public-update-required-for-future-cumulative-updates.aspx
Aug 14, 2013 at 6:29 PM
rickallford, thanks for posting that; I do recall something about doing a slipstream with the CU, and that is a good point. I just installed the CU after the script failed trying to config the farm for the first time, thus SharePoint was already installed but not configured. Then re-ran the script after deleting the database from the SQL server, worked fine after that. only other issue I had was when it tried to do the remote install on the other servers in the farm, but that is neither here nor there (I will look into this at a later date).

I haven't figured out the slipstream script (SharePoint Auto Source Builder found here) that can create an installer with all of that stuff built in. My main intention for mentioning it here was because in doing my research I never found an answer that said this is what you needed to do to correct or this was the solution to this issue. The Auto source builder might be might next goal to learn how that works and what I can use it for.