This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Stuck at Creating My Sites collection

Apr 24, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Edited Apr 24, 2013 at 4:03 PM
We are currently setting up a development sharepoint 2013 server environment on Server 2012, and are using the autoSPinstaller script. It gets to the following point and fails with a weird error:
  • Provisioning User Profile Service Application
  • Starting User Profile Service instance...
  • Web app "MySite Host" already provisioned.
  • Creating My Sites site collection
    Exception calling "GetCultureInfo" with "1" argument(s): "Positive number required.
    Parameter name: culture"
    At E:\SP\AutoSPInstaller\AutoSPInstallerFunctions.ps1:2367 char:21
  • $mySiteCulture = [System.Globalization.CultureInfo]::GetCult ...
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : ArgumentOutOfRangeException

  • Script halted!
  • Error Provisioning the User Profile Service Application

Press any key to exit...

| Automated SP2013 install script |
| Started on: 4/23/2013 8:34:29 PM |

| Aborted: 4/23/2013 8:35:58 PM |

PS C:\Windows\system32>

Any help would be appreciated; I am about to hit my deadline for having this set up!

George Crossley
Apr 24, 2013 at 9:39 PM

If you are up against a deadline, just remove the provision MySite site collection from the script and then create it manually... (I have not experienced the error you are seeing, my apologies on not being able to provide an explanation)

Rick Allford | (832) 794-7613

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Hi GACrossley,

I had the same problem. In my case the reason was because I had removed all child items in the "Site Collections" collection (xml element: "Configuration/WebApplications/WebApplication[@type='MySiteHost']/SiteCollections").

There must be a xml element SiteCollection with its xml attribute "Locale" set to a valid culture id. When this culture id is not found AutoSPInstaller throws this error.

To solve it I copied the original xml SiteCollections element from the xml provided with AutoSPInstaller and I changed the "Owner" attribute's value to a valid user name. It worked for me.

I hope this helps someone else.