Search without "Index Partition and Query Component"

Apr 4, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Hello,

in advance sorry for my bad english, i I hope you understand my problem ;)

I just installed 20 times my test server farm and always get the same misbehavior (the farm consists of a WFE and an application server) My problem is that the search is not installed with an "Index Partition and Query Component", what I am doing wrong?
<EnterpriseSearchService Provision="True" ContactEmail="sp_farm@mail.com" ConnectionTimeout="60" AcknowledgementTimeout="60" ProxyType="Default" IgnoreSSLWarnings="false" InternetIdentity="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows NT; MS Search 6.0 Robot)" IndexLocation="E:\INDEXE" PerformanceLevel="PartlyReduced" Account="DOMAIN\sp_search" Password="Password" ShareName="SearchIndex">
      <EnterpriseSearchServiceApplications>
        <EnterpriseSearchServiceApplication Name="Search Service Application" DatabaseServer="" DatabaseName="Search" FailoverDatabaseServer="SQL-M" Partitioned="false" Partitions="1" SearchServiceApplicationType="Regular" ContentAccessAccount="DOMAIN\SP_SEARCH" ContentAccessAccountPassword="Password">
          <ApplicationPool Name="SP_SearchApplicationPool" Account="DOMAIN\sp_search" Password="Password" />
          <CrawlServers>
            <Server Name="SharePoint-App" />
          </CrawlServers>
          <QueryServers>
            <Server Name="SharePoint-WFE" />
          </QueryServers>
          <SearchQueryAndSiteSettingsServers>
            <Server Name="SharePoint-WFE" />
          </SearchQueryAndSiteSettingsServers>
          <AdminComponent>
            <Server Name="SharePoint-APP" />
            <ApplicationPool Name="SP_SearchApplicationPool" Account="DOMAIN\sp_search" />
          </AdminComponent>
          <Proxy Name="Search Service Application Proxy" Partitioned="false">
            <ProxyGroup Name="Default" />
          </Proxy>
        </EnterpriseSearchServiceApplication>
      </EnterpriseSearchServiceApplications>
    </EnterpriseSearchService>
After the installation (without errors) the "Search Topology" is configured with "Admin, Crawl - SQL-P\SP_Search_CrawlStore, the three DBs under Databses" and "Index Partition and Query Component" is missing.

Thanks in advance
Apr 4, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Hi,

Not sure if this might help but did you realise that there is no databaseserver (" DatabaseServer="") in your autospinstallerinput for search and you have only put failover databaseserver.
Apr 4, 2013 at 3:43 PM
I don't see where you assign index components:
        <IndexComponent>
                    <Server Name="server1" />
            <Server Name="server2" />
        </IndexComponent>
Apr 4, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Hi macdee21,
i think when it left blank, the script use the farm db-server.

Hi whorn76,
i use the original input.xml from the autospinstaller. I cant find this option... can i simpel add this part to the xml?
Apr 4, 2013 at 4:02 PM
There is Query and Crawl servers which he has already assigned maybe you are thinking of MOSS 2007 which has Index and AdminCompnent is also assigned.
Apr 4, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Edited Apr 4, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Ok do i understand correctly... I don't have to add additional Index Server?
Apr 5, 2013 at 6:53 AM
What version of SharePoint are you installing if its 2010 you do not need IndexComponent but if its 2013 you need IndexComponent in the autospinstallerinput which is included if you download the latest version.
Apr 5, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Hi, its a 2010 farm and i have the latest Version. I have no idea whats going wrong.
Apr 10, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Is there nobody who can help me?
Apr 10, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Might be helpful to send a screen shot of your search settings in Central Admin
Apr 11, 2013 at 6:20 AM
Edited Apr 11, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Ok this is the result after installing search with the settings above...

Link to the Screenshot
Coordinator
Apr 18, 2013 at 3:15 AM
The XML snippet you posted above from your input file is not from the latest version (it's missing elements) - can you verify that you are using the latest version 3.86, available here: https://autospinstaller.codeplex.com/releases/view/38568

Cheers
Brian
Apr 18, 2013 at 6:11 AM
Hi,

here the code from the latest version 3.86 (same misbehavior)
<EnterpriseSearchService Provision="False" ContactEmail="sp@redmondintegrators.com" ConnectionTimeout="60" AcknowledgementTimeout="60" ProxyType="Default" IgnoreSSLWarnings="false" InternetIdentity="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows NT; MS Search 6.0 Robot)" CustomIndexLocation="E:\INDEXE" PerformanceLevel="PartlyReduced" Account="DOMAIN\SP_Search" Password="Passwort" ShareName="SearchIndex">
      <EnterpriseSearchServiceApplications>
        <EnterpriseSearchServiceApplication Name="Search Service Application" DatabaseServer="" DatabaseName="Search" FailoverDatabaseServer="" Partitioned="false" Partitions="1" SearchServiceApplicationType="Regular" ContentAccessAccount="DOMAIN\SP_SearchContent" ContentAccessAccountPassword="Passwort">
          <ApplicationPool Name="SharePoint Search Application Pool" Account="DOMAIN\SP_Search" Password="Passwort" />
          <CrawlComponent>
          </CrawlComponent>
          <QueryComponent>
            <Server Name="SharePoint-M" />
          </QueryComponent>
          <SearchQueryAndSiteSettingsServers>
            <Server Name="SharePoint-M" />
          </SearchQueryAndSiteSettingsServers>
          <AdminComponent>
            <ApplicationPool Name="SharePoint Search Application Pool" Account="DOMAIN\SP_Search" />
          </AdminComponent>
          <IndexComponent>
            <Server Name="localhost" />
          </IndexComponent>
          <ContentProcessingComponent>
          </ContentProcessingComponent>
          <AnalyticsProcessingComponent>
          </AnalyticsProcessingComponent>
          <Proxy Name="Search Service Application" Partitioned="false">
            <ProxyGroup Name="Default" />