Errror "There are other servers specified as farm members in"

Apr 4, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Edited Apr 4, 2013 at 1:45 PM
I am configuring a farm using autospinstaller version 3.0.3. I have two application servers and 2xWFE servers. In my AutoSPInstallerInput RemoteInstall is set as False because l am not going to use remote install. I have run the script to configure the farm on the first application server and the second application with no errors at all. These two application servers are in the autospinstallerinput.xml -as they are hosting CentralAdmin(CentralAdmin Provision="app servernames"). I do not want the WFE servers to host the central admin and when l run the script on any one of the WFE servers l am getting error:
  • There are other servers specified as farm members in:
  • D:\SP2010\AutoSPInstaller\AutoSPInstallerInput.xml
  • but <RemoteInstall> is not set to "true" - nothing else to do.
I know Brian did mention adding the server you are running in the autospinstallerinput-how can l add these servers in the autospinstallerinput.xml if l do not want them to host central.

HELP PLEASE!
Apr 4, 2013 at 5:38 PM
ANY HELP GUYS I am stuck here with this error!
Coordinator
Apr 5, 2013 at 4:40 AM
First off NO NEED TO YELL and second please grab the latest version before posting problems with a version that's probably a year old now.

Anyhow I would recommend adding your WFEs in the XML as query servers, that will get them picked up by the script properly.

Brian
Apr 5, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Thanks Brian for your reply l will download the latest version, l cannot add my WFEs as Query servers in XML since this is only a content farm with no search configured since l will be building a search farm separate.
Apr 5, 2013 at 10:04 AM
I have downloaded the latest version 3.86 and l am still getting the error:
  • There are other servers specified as farm members in:
  • D:\SP2010\AutoSPInstaller\AutoSPInstallerInput.xml
  • but <RemoteInstall> is not set to "true" - nothing else to do.
When running the script on WFE and by the way l am installing SharePoint 2010. I have also added the WFEs as Query servers even though l am not configuring search in this farm but l still get the same error.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Macdonald
Apr 5, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I have managed to fix the issue by adding the wfe server to query and crawl as localhost not servername, adding the server that the script is running on even though I am not configuring search.

Macdonald
Coordinator
Apr 18, 2013 at 4:10 AM
Glad it seemed to work, however be careful with localhost - it's really only a placeholder meant for single-server installs. In every other case you should use actual server names instead.

Brian
Apr 18, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Thanks, l will put actual server names on my production install.