AutoSpInstaller not working from CU Aug 2012 till Dece,mber 2012

Feb 1, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Edited Feb 1, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I am trying to install my SP2010 server. When I use the June 2012 CU no problems. But when using Aug, Oct or dec CU it crashes on applying updates.

I have latest version.

It should be fixed according to this

Any ideas what to do?

Feb 1, 2013 at 4:19 PM
It turns out this actually has nothing to do with AutoSPInstaller, and everything to do with the way Microsoft is implementing CUs - see

Feb 4, 2013 at 1:14 PM
When the iso with Sp2 slipstreamed comes out will it work then?
Feb 6, 2013 at 1:24 AM
While on one hand there is no way I could know if future updates from MS will work, on the other hand, if SP2 comes pre-slipstreamed, then one would have to assume that it will work simply because MS went ahead and released it in a slipstreamed format.

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:41 AM
I made a little blog entry on a quick fix for this problem, by adding a new funktion to the script.

Please review and comment:
Feb 13, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Should this be added in the AutoSPInstaller powershell functions file?
So I create a install folder with CU Dec 2012? Of first install with JUn 2012 and then use this function?
Feb 15, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Hi waaromikniet

Yes I have added this new function to the functions file. And I call this function from the main script just after the languagePack.
So the new order in the main script.

DisableLoopbackCheck $xmlinput
RemoveIEEnhancedSecurity $xmlinput
DisableServices $xmlinput
DisableCRLCheck $xmlinput
InstallPrerequisites $xmlinput
ConfigureIISLogging $xmlinput
InstallSharePoint $xmlinput
InstallOfficeWebApps $xmlinput
InstallLanguagePacks $xmlinput
InstallCu // add the new function here.

Remember that this is only a temporary fix.

Feb 15, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Great. Will give it a try.
May 6, 2013 at 1:57 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.