SP2010 AutoSPInstaller Error

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I want to use autospinstaller to install and configure SharePoint 2010. I have downloaded all the prerequisites into prerequisites folder and offline install is set to true. When it gets to install the prerequisites l am getting unknown error occured installing prerequisites.This command cannot be executed due to error:Data passed to a system call is too small.

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2012 at 4:04 AM

Don't think I've ever seen that one before. Could you provide more info? What was the last prerequisite to install correctly? Can you tell which one it's choking on?

Brian

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Hi Brian,

I will provide more info when l am on the server but this is what is on the AutoSPInstaller log:

- Installing Prerequisite Software:
- SQL Native Client...
- Running Prerequisite Installer (offline mode)....
- Error: This command cannot be executed due to the error: The data area passed to a system call is too small.
--------------------------------------------------------------
- Script halted!
- An unknown error occurred installing prerequisites
Press any key to exit...

Dec 10, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Hi Brian,

When it starts to install prerequisites it just launches and stops abruptly and it does not show which prerequisite it is trying to install. It seems as if its failing to install as it starts too install the first prerequisite.

Help will be appreciated.

Dec 10, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Just realised its failing to install SQL Native Client prerequisite.

Dec 10, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Its actually failing after installing SQL Native Cleint.

Dec 11, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Hi Guys,

Please is there someone who can help l am really stuck on this.

Coordinator
Dec 12, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Can you post your PrerequisiteInstaller log? It's usually found in the %TEMP% directory.

Brian

Dec 12, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your help. I resolved the issue by installing the prerequisites manually but the error was still  coming. The error disappeared when l changed offlineinstall from true to false. I realised in one enviroment where we used V3.0.3 even when the prerequisite were downloaded into prerequisite folder offlineinstall was set to false and the prerequisite where installed from the folder with no issues.Changed the offlineinstall in the input xml file to false.

Macdee