AutoSPInstaller with SP2K13 + W2K12 + SQL2K12

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Hi: I've been using AutoSPInstaller to install & configure SP2010 in multi-server environment for quite sometime now. And I can't stress enough how effective & time saving this utility has been. So, I'd like to start off by thanking Brian & everyone else who's behind development of this tool.

Recenty, I tried to use this tool with SP2K13 on W2K12 and SQL2K12 and after few unsuccessful attempts I was able to have my SharePoint site up & running. However, I confess that I didn't provision some of problematic service apps. Following are few things that I had to switch off:

1. CertificateRevocationListCheck>false Threw error when set to true

2. WebAnalyticsService Provision="false" as read that SP2013 moved it along with Search.

3. EnterpriseSearchService Provision="false" 

4. SubscriptionSettingsService Provision="false"

5. UserProfileService Provision - 'false' (got chronic fear for this one)

One thing i'd like to point out is I got warning that Windows Classic Authentication is being deprecated... but it didn't halt the script. So, all in all everything is working like charm.

Thanks guys for such a great work!!If interested I can share my log.

Nov 28, 2012 at 2:53 AM

I have tested your scenario with very few issues.

1:CertificateRevocationListCheck: I dont use, i havent tested it.

2. WebAnalyticsService Provision="false, it will not be provisioned even if you leave it to true

3. EnterpriseSearchService: Works fine except it will deploy the whole topology on one server. You will have to move the components through powershell (very easy to do). The other issue is the Index Location, make sure its set to “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\15.0\Data\Office Server\Applications”

4. SubscriptionSettingsService: Havent tested yet.

5. UserProfileService Provision: Works fine, no issues :D

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Hi,

I have an error with EnterpriseSearchService, too.

Maybe you can answer me this two questions.

Which components I have to move ? And how I can move them.

Where I can check the Index Location ?

Thank you in advance

Max

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:37 AM

Hi All,

I can install SP 2013 and at the end of the installation the tree web applications start in IE.

CA and Personal site works fine but the Portal site doesnot.

Do yoy have a sample .xml for me to test or check my installation?

I didn't have any problems with Sp 2010...

Please help.

Dec 5, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Hi Jeroen,

Here is a link to my dev env AutoSPInstallerInput.xml file

This config file was used with AutoSPInstaller 3.2 on Windows 2008 R2, SP2013 (RTM), SQL 2012.  This was my development environment for a 1 server plus (separate) ADFS install.

paul