Unattended installation

Nov 22, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Hello

Sorry for this maybe stupid question, but I am sort of PS beginner and I couldn't find the answer anywhere.

Please, is it possible to run single command from remote powershell session and get SharePoint installed with this excellent tool?

I have tried serveral way, and always ending up on some unanswered prompt or attempt to pop-up a window. So I am not able to reach the end.

The goal would be automated install of SP from SC Orchestrator, having InputXML constructed on the fly. Now I have the XML, and trying to figure out the command to enter to the PS Session.

Nov 23, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Hi,

we're using SC Orchestrator and SCVMM for complete unattended installs but this needs some tweaking! If you're interested, drop me a line.

Regards,
Stefan

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Hi Stefan

Yes, of course, I am highly interested. If you don't mind to share your knowledge, that'd be really great. Maybe someone else will find it useful too :)

PS: I've been using older version till now (3.0) which is working quite fine in Orch. The only problem was with known "Patching Error" failure with using August 2012 CUs. But not such a problem to overcome this.
However, now I was about to deal with SharePoint 2013 installation, so I wanted to use the latest version of AutoSpInstaller.

Thank you very much in advance
Best Regards
Vlada