Aug 10, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Edited Aug 10, 2012 at 3:39 PM
First off, I'd like to thank the people who have contributed hours upon hours to make this script possible, it seems very powerful and intuitive.
I will be using this script to setup...
- 1 farm with
- 1 server as the WFE tier
- 1 server as the Application and Database tiers
...and that will all be on the Standard SP2010 CAL version. Both reside on a local domain with a virtual machine running a clean version of
SQL 2008 Standard R2. As indicated here and here, I
have my three service accounts and four managed accounts configured and ready to go.
My goal is to get a stable environment with all of the default search, services, and database settings correctly configured.
From what I've read, the WFE tier should handle user's query requests and the Central Administration elements. The Application/Database tier should handle all other operations. So... my questions would be:
- Does it matter which server should I run my configured script on first? If so, what is the correct order?
- What services will be running on the WFE server as compared to the Applications and Database server?
- How will that affect my AutoSPInstallerInput.xml file?
- Will I need to make any changes to my AutoSPInstallerInput.xml file per server?
Any help would be much appreciated, as I will be attempting to deploy this weekend and early next week.
Thanks for reading!