Problems encountered running v3

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I noticed a few small issues with the latest version of the v3 script (31 May 2012 release):

- Creating User Profile Service Application... The spawned window generates a UAC popup.

- When I first ran the script I got the updates outstanding error (I'm afraid I didn't note the exact words).  I fixed this by adding the line below just before the script attempts to join the farm.

Start-Process -FilePath $PCSonfig -ArgumentList "-cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -wait - force" -NoNewWindow -Wait

Not very elegant, as it generates an error, but it does fix the issue.

- Provisioning User Profile Sync Service, please wait... Was a long wait the first time I ran the script, on the second I terminated after pages of dots and well over an hour waiting.

Jun 11, 2012 at 2:10 PM

I just noticed a Audit Failure in my Security Event Log, Event ID 4625 for my sp_service account, logon type 4.  

The sp_service account is only used by SharePoint on this computer, and then only as configured by autospinstaller - I ran the script on a clean server.

Coordinator
Jun 26, 2012 at 6:17 PM

The UAC popup is by design. The script tries to spawn a process as another user (the Farm Account) so you must click 'Yes' to the UAC prompt (or just disable UAC on the server, if you don't want the UAC prompt).

Brian