Failed to create Managed Account

May 2, 2012 at 7:38 AM

I have run the script in "C:\AutomatedInstalltion\AutoSPInstaller\" folder (path without spaces and not in "My Documents" folder) and received the following error when creating the local profile Managed Account for the GenAppService. DOMAIN was the actual domain name of the client, I have replaced it for confidentiality puroposes.

Is there any service that needs to run?

- Adding Managed Accounts
 - Creating local profile for DOMAIN\GenAppService... Start-Process : This command cannot be executed due to the error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
At C:\AutomatedInstalltion\AutoSPInstaller\AutoSPInstallerFunctions.ps1:1070 char:18
+                 Start-Process <<<< -WorkingDirectory "$env:SYSTEMROOT\System32\" -FilePath "cmd.exe" -ArgumentList "/C" -LoadUserProfile -NoNewWindow -Credential $credAccount
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [Start-Process], InvalidOp
   erationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidOperationException,Microsoft.PowerShell.C
   ommands.StartProcessCommand

WARNING:  - Could not create local user profile for DOMAIN\SP_GenAppService

May 2, 2012 at 9:00 PM

can you check on the status of the Secondary Logon service? It may be trying to do a RunAs but can't, possibly because this service is disabled.

Coordinator
May 2, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Hey Toni/Wahid, so the latest version of the source was supposed to actually do this check of the Secondary Logon service, then enable & start it as required. However I used an invalid property agains the service object so if was indeed disabled, it wouldn't be able to start properly. I've since fixed that and it'll be in the next check-in.

Cheers
Brian

May 3, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Brian, thanks for your continued work on this script!  When do you expect to release the next version?  Do you have an ETA?

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2012 at 2:47 AM

It's out now!

Brian