Database Naming

Apr 2, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Edited Apr 2, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Hi,  I have used AutoSPInstaller and all is well except DB naming. I have db's created for Confi and Central Admin with neat naming used in the script but for all other db's i am seeing dbname_guid. I am a new to SP admin and let me know if there are any steps i need to follow!!!

Please help.

Coordinator
Apr 3, 2012 at 3:06 AM

It appears you may have omitted the names of some of the databases in the AutoSPInstallerInput.xml maybe?

Brian

Apr 3, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Brain, Thanks for replying me back. Please have a look at the script. Here ProfileDB, SyncDB and SocialDB have been given names but i see "User Profile Service Application_ProfileDB_a0bfd15e2c5c4351aa4515e9c3936ef6" in sql. Is there a different place I need to change db name!! Please advise.

<UserProfileServiceApp Provision="true"
                               Name="User Profile Service Application"
                               ProxyName="User Profile Service Application"
                               EnableNetBIOSDomainNames="false"
                               StartProfileSync="true"
                               CreateDefaultSyncConnection="false"
                               SyncConnectionAccount="DOMAIN\UPSync"
                               SyncConnectionAccountPassword="" >
            <ProfileDB>ProfileDB</ProfileDB>
            <SyncDB>SyncDB</SyncDB>
            <SocialDB>SocialDB</SocialDB>
        </UserProfileServiceApp>

Apr 3, 2012 at 3:35 PM

That is where you specify the ProfileDB name. Perhaps, someone ran UPS setup again from the GUI or you already had "ProfileDB" so it created a new one with the GUID?

If this is a new install, and there's really no data in your UPS, you could just delete it and re-run the script. When you delete UPS, make sure to check "Delete data" as well.

Apr 5, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Thank you Wahid .. that helped.