Can not create a synchronisation connection

Feb 17, 2012 at 4:44 PM

I installed my development farm with autospinstaller. Everything works fine. But now I am trying to configure the user profile synchronization.i didn't create a default connection. In config "CreateDefaultSyncConnection="false" I try to create a new synchronisation connection called danny but I get this error in browser:

"Unable to process Create message"

In the event log I see this error:

The server encountered an unexpected error while performing an operation for the client.
 "BAIL: MMS(2564): mastate.cpp(3157): 0x80230622 (A management agent with this name already exists.): MA directory cannot be created because it is already in use by an existing MA: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\14.0\Synchronization Service\MaData\MOSSAD-danny
BAIL: MMS(2564): mastate.cpp(1645): 0x80230622 (A management agent with this name already exists.)
BAIL: MMS(2564): server.cpp(1033): 0x80230622 (A management agent with this name already exists.)
Forefront Identity Manager 4.0.2450.34"

Can anybody help me? The account I am trying to use is farm account. Also domain admin account doesn't work.

Feb 21, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Hi Danny,

According to the message, a Sync Connection already exists. Try a different name, just as a test to see if it works.

This error can occur also if UPS Sync is not started on the server. You should first reboot the server, make sure the UPS Sync (FIMSync Service) is started and re-try to create the connection.

Feb 21, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I get this error no matter what name I choose. Server is rebooted several times and all necessary services are started. I have a similar farm installed without AutoSPInstaller. I compared all settings and rights. They are all the same.

Mar 2, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Hi Danny,

can you try to delete the complete UPS service application and recrate using the central admin? What patch level are you running your farms, certainly sure no typos in accounts, domains, etc.? UPS is quite tricky so I suggest checking out this great blog

Mar 2, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Hi Stefan,

Problem was that farm account didn't had the logon local rights. After granting this I can create sync connections.

I agree Spencers blog post was a great help.

Thx For info