Validating user accounts and passwords... All users Invalid

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I'm getting the following error:

**********************

Windows PowerShell Transcript Start

Start time: 20120214103226

Username : DOMAIN\SPSDEV_FarmAdmin

Machine    : <server> (Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1)

**********************

Transcript started, output file is C:\Users\SharePointDEV_FarmAd\Desktop\AutoSP

Installer-2012-02-14_10-32.rtf

-----------------------------------

| Automated SP2010 install script |

| Started on: 2/14/2012 10:32:26 AM |

-----------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

- Validating user accounts and passwords...

- Account "DOMAIN\SPSDEV_FarmService"...Invalid!

- Account "DOMAIN\SPSDEV_ServiceApps"...Invalid!

- Account "DOMAIN\SPSDEV_WebAppPool"...Invalid!

- Account "DOMAIN\SPSDEV_MySiteAppPool"...Invalid!

- Account "DOMAIN\SPSDEV_SearchService"...Invalid!

- Account "DOMAIN\SPSDEV_SearchService"...Invalid!

- Account "DOMAIN\SPSDEV_ContentCrawler"...Invalid!

- Account "DOMAIN\SPSDEV_SearchService"...Invalid!

- Account "DOMAIN\SPSDEV_ServiceApps"...Invalid!

- Account "DOMAIN\SPSDEV_ServiceApps"...Invalid!

- Account "DOMAIN\SPSDEV_ServiceApps"...Invalid!

--------------------------------------------------------------

- Script aborted!

- At least one set of credentials is invalid.

- Check usernames and passwords in each place they are used.

-----------------------------------

| Automated SP2010 install script |

| Started on: 2/14/2012 10:32:26 AM |

| Aborted:   2/14/2012 10:35:11 AM |

-----------------------------------

**********************

Windows PowerShell Transcript End

End time: 20120214103511

**********************

 

I've validated the users work with the name and passwords by logging into the server. This is a brand new domain. I thought it was due to the names being too long, so I shortened them to be 20 characters or under. Anything else I can try?

Thank you in advance!

Feb 15, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Try to change to DOMAIN part to set yours.

You have set the default domain, but you should set yours before the \ in the logins.

Feb 15, 2012 at 3:48 PM

The word DOMAIN is just a place holder. When I ran the script I used my domain name. I genrally dont post a user with the actual domain name. Thank you for responding.

Feb 15, 2012 at 6:42 PM

  This turned out to be an issue with the Domain Controller (DC).  Best guess is SharePoint doesn’t like a Read only DC.

We fixed the user validation by making the DC read and write.

Thank you for this awesome tool!

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Interesting re: Read-Only DCs... will have to remember that!

Brian