Script aborted after Adding Managed Accounts - already answered

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Edited Jan 27, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Hi!

AutoSPInstaller is truly an amazing tool!

It has been working great for many insatllations, but during my last installation the script is aborted after "Adding Managed Accounts". I got the error "Could not find group name", and couldn't figure out why.

I registered a post here but now I found that you've already answered the same question earlier. Sorry! :)
When the server isn't English, the Administrators group will not be found.

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2012 at 4:58 AM

Actually the issue with non-English servers should have been resolved; it no longer looks for the name "Administrators" but rather gets the group via its SID (language-independent). What version of the script were you using? the last few revisions should not have the problem of trying to find "Administrators" by name.

Brian

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:30 AM

Hi Brian,

Thank you so much for your reply, that was great news! I must have used an older version of the script. I'll make sure to use the latest next time!

Regards,
Kiram

Mar 2, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Edited Mar 2, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Hi Brian,

in v3 it actually does which is pretty cool (v3 by the way is pretty amazing step forward!), I had just created an updated version of v2 which reflects the German group names. But you still need to tweak some lines to reflect Permission assignments (managed meta data and UPS)

Regards,
Stefan