How to make AutoSPInstaller work with SharePoint Foundation 2010??

Dec 21, 2011 at 5:55 PM

I found all the threads where people said they'd done this and that, trimming the script, etc. etc.

Would someone please post what/how they've done it??

It would be really nice to have well-named databases etc.

Thank you, Tom

 

Dec 21, 2011 at 11:39 PM
Howdy, what are you trying to make work with foundation? Sorry, I am not clear about the question.

Thanks,


Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.

On Dec 21, 2011, at 12:55, "tlyczko" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: tlyczko

I found all the threads where people said they'd done this and that, trimming the script, etc. etc.

Would someone please post what/how they've done it??

It would be really nice to have well-named databases etc.

Thank you, Tom

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:15 PM
Edited Dec 22, 2011 at 4:04 PM

Getting AutoSPInstaller to work with SP Foundation 2010 -- others have asked and no one has ever given a clear answer.

Also edited discussion title to make request clearer.

Thank you, Tom

Dec 28, 2011 at 8:42 PM

I meant to post something after I got it working for Foundation and forgot. Let me see if I can summarize the changes I made:

Config.xml

  • In the <Package Id="sts"> element, remove the child <Settings> element.
  • Remove the <Package Id="spswfe"> node & its two children - these are for the SharePoint Server installer.
  • Remove the <PIDKEY> element - not required for Foundation.

AutoSPInstallerMain.ps1

  • Comment out the following function calls (most apply to features that are not available in Foundation):
    • in Run-Install
      • InstallOfficeWebApps
      • InstallLanguagePacks (you can probably leave this in if you're installing any)
      • FixTaxonomyPickerBug
    • in Setup-Farm
      • ConfigureOfficeWebApps
      • ConfigureLanguagePacks (you can probably leave this in if you're installing any)
      • CreateWebApplications
    • in Setup-Services
      • StartSearchQueryAndSiteSettingsService
      • CreateUserProfileServiceApplication
      • CreateStateServiceApp
      • CreateWebAnalyticsApp
      • CreateSecureStoreServiceApp
      • CreateEnterpriseSearchServiceApp
      • CreateExcelServiceApp
      • CreateAccessServiceApp
      • CreateVisioServiceApp
      • CreatePerformancePointServiceApp
      • CreateWordAutomationServiceApp
      • CreateExcelOWAServiceApp
      • CreatePowerPointServiceApp
      • CreateWordViewerServiceApp

AutoSPInstallerInput.xml

  • Comment out everything between the <WebApplications> </WebApplications> tags - this probably isn't necessary, but I was running another install afterwards that was going to create the necessart web apps.

In addition, I created a slipstreamed install of SPF2010 with SP1 and the Aug. 2011 cumulative update.

I think that's pretty much it. Hope that helps!

Mike:o

Dec 28, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Mover Mike, you're awesome!!

I knew certain things would have to be commented out etc., but not WHAT, since I am not a SharePoint expert...

Thank you, I will test as soon as I can and try to remember to update this thread...

Thank you, Tom

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Edited Jun 13, 2012 at 12:13 PM

In addition to Mike's list, I had to comment out the following:

AutoSPInstallerMain.ps1

  • Comment out the following function calls (most apply to features that are not available in Foundation):
    • in Setup-Services
      • CreateMetadataServiceApp
      • Configure-PDFSearchAndIcon
Jan 8, 2013 at 2:19 AM

Thanks Mike and jpalo's list, but after I comment out these tags, the SharePoint Foundation Search is not populated. 

Anyway to fix this?

Cheers! 

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I am a little confused.
I have used AutoSPInstaller without making but a few changes.

First of set provision to false for all of the server features.
The services you can leave on are:
EnterpriseSearchService
StateService
WebAnalyticsService
SecureStoreService
BusinessDataConnectivity

Remove the WebApplication MySiteHost element.

Install SP Foundation binaries manually and also install Search Server Express binaries and then run AutoSPInstaller.

Maybe a few other tweaks but you end up with a foundation site with a nice search configured

Feb 21, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Here is a guide as you do need to remove some pieces from a ps1 file and configure your file correctly. This guide is for SP 2013 Foundation, if doing SP 2010 Foundation the same will be true except that you can deploy the Secure Store Service and don't use the script within this guide to create your Search Application, use AutoSPInstaller to do that for you instead.

http://sergioblogs.blog.co.uk/2014/02/21/using-autospinstaller-to-install-sharepoint-foundation-17801667/
Feb 21, 2014 at 2:17 PM
I have used AutoSPInstaller on quite a few 2010 Foundation installs and I have never needed to modify the script files. If you just remove the references to services it does not use AutoSPInstaller will skip those steps.

I did look at your blog and I really would not make most of the changes you are instructing. The script is very intelligent, "Thank you Brian, I love this thing", by changing the PowerShell script you are potentially making it more difficult to keep up with new version of the script.

If you don't like how a function does something, try copying the function to the AutoSPInstallerFunctionsCustom.ps1 file and modify them there. AutoSpInstaller will use the functions in that file over the functions in AutoSPInstallerFunctions.ps1. This will help you when a new version comes out.

I'm just saying.