Office web Apps error "Path not found e:\sp2010\officewebapps"

Oct 7, 2011 at 5:14 PM

I am trying to install office web apps using this script. It get stooped after running the Config wizard saying "Install path E:\sp2010\officewebapps" not found. Actually i can see this folder there and the setup.exe file is inside this folder. But it does not recokonige this folder. please help me to solve this issue. thansks

Oct 8, 2011 at 12:41 AM

The account running the OfficeWebApps install must be able to see the drive. Is this a mapped drive? Or is it a normal (logical) Windows drive? The other thing to check would be that permissions are set correctly on the folder.

Oct 11, 2011 at 3:31 PM

HI Wahid,

No, its local on SP machine. Also Admins,users and even system has full control permission on OfficeWebApps folder. What to check next? thanks

Oct 11, 2011 at 3:34 PM

I'd review the Input XML or post it for others to review.

Oct 11, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Here is the Office web apps part f input xml file. please check it and let me know the next step.

<OfficeWebApps Install="true"
        <ExcelService Provision="true"
                      Name="Excel Calculation Services"
                      ProxyName="Excel Calculation Services">
        <WordViewingService Provision="true"
                            Name="Word Viewing Service"
                            ProxyName="Word Viewing Service">
        <PowerPointService Provision="true"
                           Name="PowerPoint Service Application"
                           ProxyName="PowerPoint Service Application">

Oct 11, 2011 at 4:01 PM

Check if any executable needs to be "unblock"ed. Typically happens when you copy files from a network Share in this folder.

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:12 PM
josephsaad wrote:

Check if any executable needs to be "unblock"ed. Typically happens when you copy files from a network Share in this folder.

HI Jospeh,

How do we check that? I actually checked the blocked file types in SP 2010. But if we are using script to do Sp installation, how do where do we check that? thanks

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:28 PM

This is a file-level blocking. right click on the files (Typically .exe and .bat)  from "Windows Explorer" and see if it has an option to "Unblock". Those are not the same thing as blocked file types in SharePoint 2010. 

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Hi Jospeh,

There is no file level blocking on setup.exe file for officewebapps. I have another question-  Did you see my post here reagrding the issue "" ? Please see it and let me know if you have any idea about this? thanks

Oct 11, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Fix the other error (use the template as is) and only change the accounts and I suspect that this error will disappear.