SP2010 SP1, pre-reqs and the Download-All script

Oct 6, 2011 at 3:32 AM

Hey Guys,

just something I noticed today while playing around with search.  If you're using AutoSPInstaller, SP2010 SP1 and the Download-AllSP2010_PreReqs.ps1 script.  Don't forget to get the SP1 versions of various things, like say the Office Filter Pack!

Aside from Reporting Services, I haven't checked what else might have been updated between SP2010 RTM and SP1, so there may be other PreReqs that should be updated.

Plus while things like the SQL2008R2 SP1 (or any given CU) version of the Reporting Services addin for SP2010 might be disireable, it's obviously not the "minimum" required.

Just thought I'd point this out...

Later'ish
Craig

Coordinator
Oct 9, 2011 at 2:45 PM

I actually checked very recently for updated versions of the components downloaded by PreRequisiteInstaller.exe and found surprisingly few. I've already updated the list of URLs in the Download-AllSP2010_PreReqs.ps1 script slightly.

The Office Filter Pack I noticed gets updated afterwards via Windows Update, not sure if I'd want to force it to install beforehand just yet...

Brian

Oct 9, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Thanks Brian,

Our production servers don't have Windows Upate available and the point of pre-downloading the Pre-Reqs is so that you don't have to rely on having an internet connection at install time...

But thanks for updating the script.

Is there a version of the Filter Pack with SP1 already included?

Thanks
Craig

Oct 12, 2011 at 11:13 AM

I am running AutoSPInstaller on a server without internet access and I downloaded all pre-requisites using Download-All_SP2010_PreReqs.ps1.

When the script runs the pre-req installation I get the following error message:

"The following file does not exist:
D:\AutoSPInstaller\SP2010\SharePoint\PrerequisiteInstallerFiles\FilterPack\FilterPack.msi
Error: Custom file location is not accesible"

The server is a Windows 2008 R2 server. This website says that the error message above indicates a syntax error to the PreRequisiteInstaller.exe, but that's most likely not the case here, since I've never heard or seen this before. Any ideas?

Oct 12, 2011 at 12:05 PM

I must've made some mistake when I copied the SharePoint DVD contents to the AutoSPInstaller directory, because the FilterPack is located on the SharePoint media.

I solved this by copying the "FilterPack" folder from the SharePoint DVD (X:\PrerequisiteInstallerFiles\FilterPack) to the AutoSPInstaller directory for pre-reqs, so that it looks like:

X:\AutoSPInstaller\SP2010\SharePoint\PrerequisiteInstallerFiles\FilterPack