Language Pack SP1 Updates don't install

Jul 28, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Hi Brian,

Great work with the latest release of AutoSPInstaller 2.5.1...

I have been testing out the latest version and it appears that the langauge pack that has been slipsteamed with SP1 doesn't install... I don't seem to get any error however if I look at the version that is installed it is only the initial language pack without SP1. I have extracted both the initial language pack and the SP1 updates into the updates folder but no success...

Not sure if you have experienced this issue but thought I would point it out...

Keep up the good work!

Coordinator
Jul 28, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Setting up the folder structure for slipstreaming the language pack service pack and the CU is somewhat tricky... did you check the AutoSPInstaller home page? I updated it to describe the folder structure of extracted language packs, and I also put a txt file in the AutoSPInstaller.zip that outlines the folder structure.

Let me know if this helps, otherwise you could post your folder structure so I can review.

Brian

Jul 28, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Hi

I have installed the German language pack with SP1 slip streamed using AUTO SP INstaller and the version i see is 14.0.4763.1000 . Just to verify what myatix mentioned above, With out uisng the Auto SP Installer and Slip streaming, i installed  Spanish Language, ran config wizard and noted the  the version as 14.0.4763.1000. Then Installed SP1 for spanish language, ran configuration wizard and even then i see the version is 14.0.4763.1000. There is not change in the version even after SP1 is installed. Is this correct?  Checked online to find the versions of Language Packs, but no where it is mentioned correctly.  What would be the version of language Packs after Sp1 is intalled? Please advice.

Rajesh

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:58 PM

I couldn't find version numbers either, however, you should see it in the Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, View Updates.

Jul 31, 2011 at 4:51 AM

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your input... My mistake... I hadn't seen that you had added the extra folder with the language packs culture name... ("AutoSPInstaller\LanguagePacks\XX-XX\Updates"). I have re tested the script and it appears to install the sp1 updates now... Tends to help when you use the correct path... ;o)

I have noticed however that there is still an install issue with language packs... It appears that the configuration wizard gets stuck half way through the configuration of the language packs. I ran a few tests and noticed that if I stop the installation before it starts to configure the farm and run the Configuration Wizard GUI it starts at config step 4 of 8???

Not sure if you have expereinced this or not... Just thought I would point it out...

Thanks again... :)