TaxonomyPicker.ascx issue

Jun 7, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Hi There,

Loving this scripts more and more....

However, after running the latest version, i keep getting this error message in event viewer:

Load control template file /_controltemplates/TaxonomyPicker.ascx failed: Could not load type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.WebControls.TaxonomyPicker' from assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c'.

Any ideas at all? Googled the issue and the solutions provided are just to replace '&#44' with ',' which is the fix provided in this installer script but i still get the error. There is the suggestion that the page isn't required, http://gavinmckay.wordpress.com/2010/07/20/howto-fix-sharepoint-2010-event-log-error-7043-taxonomypicker-ascx/. Is this the case?

Thanks,

Aj

Coordinator
Jun 10, 2011 at 2:52 AM

You are correct - the fix provided from MS to replace that string doesn't seem to work at all. I hadn't done enough testing into just renaming/removing the entire TaxonomyPicker file, but I might just as well update the script to do that (I'm sick of seeing that error in the event viewer too).

Brian

Jun 10, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Cool