Set-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication and Get-SPEnterpriseSearchCrawlContentSource errors

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:01 AM
Edited Jun 2, 2011 at 9:06 AM

Hi there,

I have been running some new installation scenarios but keep getting the following errors which never happened before:

- Setting content access account for Search Service Application...
Set-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication : The search service is not able to connect to the machine that hosts the administration component. Verify that the administration component '418d3ef2-8001-4ed2-943b-c68419330ef5' in search application 'Search Service Application' is in a good state and try again.
At E:\Install\SP2010\AutoSPInstaller\AutoSPInstallerFunctions.ps1:2312 char:56
+         $searchApp | Set-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication <<<<  -DefaultContentAccessAccountName $svcConfig.EnterpriseSearchServiceApplications.EnterpriseSearchServiceApplication.ContentAccessAccount `
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (Microsoft.Offic...viceApplication:
   SetSearchServiceApplication) [Set-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication], InvalidOperationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Cmdlet.SetSearchServiceApplication

and 

- Creating network share "SearchShare=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\14.0\Data\Office Server\Applications"
Get-SPEnterpriseSearchCrawlContentSource : The search service is not able to connect to the machine that hosts the administration component. Verify that the administration component '418d3ef2-8001-4ed2-943b-c68419330ef5' in search application 'Search Service Application' is in a good state and try again.
At E:\Install\SP2010\AutoSPInstaller\AutoSPInstallerFunctions.ps1:2471 char:85
+     Get-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication | Get-SPEnterpriseSearchCrawlContentSource <<<<  | Set-SPEnterpriseSearchCrawlContentSource -StartAddresses $CrawlStartAddresses
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (Microsoft.Offic...wlContentSource:
   GetSearchCrawlContentSource) [Get-SPEnterpriseSearchCrawlContentSource], I 
  nvalidOperationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Cmdlet.GetSearchCrawlContentSource

Any ideas why this.

Many Thanks,

Aj  

Jun 7, 2011 at 1:02 PM

My bad, text error in AutoSPInstallerInput.xml

Jun 27, 2011 at 11:22 PM
Edited Jun 27, 2011 at 11:23 PM

What was the text error? I am running into the same error. Thanks

Jun 27, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Nevermind, I figured it out. I was using a different server name for the Admin component due to which I was getting this error.

Jun 28, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Cool.. it was a typo in my case with the server name