Languagepacks

Apr 13, 2011 at 7:31 AM

I have installed en English SharePoint using AutoSPInstaller.

I have downloaded two languagepacks and put them into the folder C:\Sp2010\LanguagePacks

AutoSPInstaller installs them OK, but If I have to rerun the script, AutoSPInstaller installs the languagepacks again.

Is it by design, or is it impossible to discover what languagepacks that have been installed?

When you download languagepacks all have the same name so I added the language code (DK or SE) in the end of the EXE files.

Bengt

 

Coordinator
May 8, 2011 at 2:45 AM

It definitely shouldn't install the language packs again. The language pack naming convention is ServerLanguagePack_XX-XX.exe where XX-XX is something like EN-US so check that yours are set up similarly.

Brian

May 9, 2011 at 10:28 AM

When I download language packs they all get the name ServerLanguagePack

I download from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=046F16A9-4BCE-4149-8679-223755560D54

Idon't know the correct code for every language and country, so I added only the country code at the two language pack files I have downloaded.

 

To speed up an extra run of AutoSPInstaller I moves the langepack files to some another place.

When AutoSPInstaller has passed the step for language packs, I move back the files to C:\Sp2010\LanguagePacks.

Bengt

Jun 28, 2011 at 5:56 PM

I am also seeing the same behavior with the re-installing of the language packs in some cases. It also bails out during the configuration and tries to run the GUI, but then i see other problematic behavior with setting up search, also the CA Site pops up earlier than normal .

Note: My language packs are named correctly and it is a pain to find and rename them but that is the least of the problems. There are PS scripts out there to download all the language packs.

 

 

 - Configuring language packs...
SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard version 14.0.4762.1000. Copyright (C) M
icrosoft Corporation 2010. All rights reserved.

Performing configuration task 1 of 4
Initializing SharePoint Products upgrade...

Waiting to get a lock to upgrade the farm.

Successfully initialized SharePoint Products upgrade.

Performing configuration task 2 of 4
Initiating the upgrade sequence...

Successfully initiated the upgrade sequence.

Performing configuration task 3 of 4
Upgrading SharePoint Products...

Failed to upgrade SharePoint Products.

An exception of type Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPUpdatedConcurrencyExc
eption was thrown.  Additional exception information: An update conflict has occ
urred, and you must re-try this action. The object SPUpgradeSession Name=Upgrade
-20110628-114417-55 was updated by MEMCSTL\STP-DEV-SPAdmin, in the PSCONFIG (393
6) process, on machine STPSPWC02.  View the tracing log for more information abo
ut the conflict.

Total number of configuration settings run: 3
Total number of successful configuration settings: 2
Total number of unsuccessful configuration settings: 1
Successfully stopped the configuration of SharePoint Products.
Configuration of SharePoint Products failed.  Configuration must be performed be
fore you use SharePoint Products.  For further details, see the diagnostic log l
ocated at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\1
4\LOGS\PSCDiagnostics_6_28_2011_11_44_13_352_48205127.log and the application ev
ent log.
WARNING: 06/28/2011 11:44:24  1  ERR      Post setup configuration was not run
successfully when using the command line task driver module
 - An error occurred configuring language packs, trying again using GUI...
--------------------------------------------------------------

 

THanks

Matt

Coordinator
Aug 7, 2011 at 4:06 PM

BTW recent releases of the script support using the extracted (and slipstreamed) language pack package for a fully-updated/integrated experience. Hopefully this makes things smoother.

Brian

Aug 7, 2011 at 4:47 PM

I tried this 4 times with version 2.5.1 of autospinstaller in the last 24 hours. It happened only once when the WFE was undersized in terms of Memory (2 GB RAM). The other 3 went smoothly where the WFE had 4GB RAM. this included fr-fr Language pack with its SPF Lang pack SP1 and SPS Lang Pack SP1. All the 3 files where in the same folder where the Language Pack name was having _fr-fr at the end.